Cooked Thanksgiving Dinner for 20 for a favorite client who lives in the country. It was a two day event for us, first day of shopping, prepping and baking.
Second day was the final cooking and serving of hors d’oeuvres, dinner and dessert! Most of the recipes are my clients’ traditional recipes she’s been cooking for a very long time. I interjected a few twists but mostly followed her instructions and consider her my T-day Muse!!!
Here’s the menu and two of the pictures we were able to snap on my Blackberry very quickly:
So here’s the menu spent 2 days prepping, cooking, serving and cleaning up, for a client with 20 guests!
- Hors d’oecuvres
- SWEET & SPICY NUTS
- CRUDITE W/ROASTED GARLIC SPINACH DIP
- TRUFFLE STUFFED EGGS
- KOBE PIGS IN BLANKETS W/MUSTARD SAUCE
- GARLIC SHRIMP W/COCKTAIL SAUCE
- VEGETABLE SPRING ROLLS W/ASIAN DIPPING SAUCE
- TRUFFLED CHEESE & CRACKERS
- GOAT CHEESE W/FIG JAM & FLATBREADS
- SMOKED GOUDA & CRACKERS
- Amuse Bouche
- ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP SHOOTERS
- First Course Salad
- ROASTED PEAR SALAD & TOASTED WALNUTS W/GORGONZOLA/PEAR BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
- Main Course
- BRINED TURKEY/STUFFING & GRAVY
- BRISKET & GRAVY W/RED SKINNED POTATOES & CARROTS
- ROSEMARY & GARLIC ROASTED POTATOES
- TWICE BAKED SWEET POTATOES STUFFED WITH CRANBERRIES & PECANS
- GREEN BEANS W/LEMON BUTTER & TOASTED ALMONDS
- ROASTED BRUSSEL
- S SPROUTS W/POMEGRANATE & HAZELNUTS
- CRAN RELISH
- CRANBERRY MUFFINS
- CRANBERRY BUTTER
- DINNER ROLLS & BUTTER
- Dessert & Coffee
- CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES
- TOLL HOUSE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- CHOCOLATE CREAM PIE
- APPLE PIE
- PUMPKIN PIE
- VANILLA GELATO
It was a great meal and they all enjoyed it immensely! Sounds like we’ll be back next year!
Eat Well….Be Well!
And HOPE YOU HAD A THANKFUL DAY!